Skocz do zawartości

What is a good CCD Image Camera for ETX-LS 6 ACF

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Would these Camera be good? It it true a camera takes the eyepiece place?

I am thinking of a color ccd, I dunno about the one with the filters, how long usb cable would I need?

http://www.meade.com/dsi_ii/specifications.html

Edytowane przez Lukasz Tarkowski

Hi,

First of all I wouldn't use the word "look" in case of a CCD and telescope. A CCD does not work the same way an eye works. A better way to explain what a CCD does is to say "capture" in case of planetary imaging and "photograph" in case od DSO imaging. This not just the thing about the word you use but rather what can you get as the result of using a CCD. This is generally a very long story so before you get the answer if MEADE DSI II is OK for you please give us some idea what you expect from a CCD...I mean what do you want to do with it and what for.

Generally every CCD camera you can push into a telescope, so this is not the problem...

The USB Cable shouldn't be longer than 1,5-2m but you can use a USB HUB. This is because longer cables produce ( not always ) some ranom problems in the usage of the camera , final picture it produces etc.

PS. DSI II is rather an old design, now DSI III is on top.

Edytowane przez philips

Is it hard to use Deep Sky Imager Pro III Monochome Camera? How do you do you find out which filters to put in?

No, it is no harder than using other astro-cameras. At last it is the same as puting cable on its place and using software provided with camera. The art of using is when you know how to focus, how to track the star's movement and how to process images - and this is such with all cameras.

Filters - with B&W camera (i.e. DSI III PRO) you may use no filters at all, so you would get B&W images. Using R, G, B (red, green, blue) you can make (later, with computer software) composite color image. If you have a lot of light-pollution you can reduce it using additional filters.

Also you can buy color camera (i.e. DSI III), so in one shoot you get color image. This is easier (quicker) but you can not use as many filters as with B&W camera.

Search through astro-forum, or CloudNights forum (if you prefer English). All knowledge is there.

Edytowane przez piotrs

I already know graphic programs like Gimp. So it wouldn't be a hassle. I have Meade Autostar Suite on a cd, that came with my telescope.

The best is always better it has such a good resolution the Meade Deep Sky Imager III Pro, I know it isn't cheap, I can get it thought :D

What is a good CCD Image Camera for Meade ETX-LS 6 ACF The camera they have doesn't look thought the telescope, I need a CCD camera that can look thorught it

I know there are camera's you can hook up to telescopes somehow, and use the Laptop With USB CCD

It is a disappointment that mounted in camera does not look through Meade ETX-LS 6 ACF telescope. It is not shown in its commercials. It is shame for Meade.

I am a bit confused here? They have a DeepSky Imager III color? They only have this one in that store, and I need a better resolution!

http://www.escience.ca/telescopes/RENDER/5/2022/3056/13606.html

Cause

http://www.meade.com/dsi_3/index.html

Edytowane przez Lukasz Tarkowski