Skocz do zawartości

Astrobin - system oceniania.

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Zadałem to pytanie wczoraj Salvatore, i spytałem czy nie uważa że kciuk na miniaturce niszczy ten portal dając masową widoczność zdjęciom przypadkowym. Generalnie widać, że najważniejsza dla niego jest popularność serwisu, a nie jego jakość. W końcu uciął, że nic nie zmieni bo ludzie lubią lajkować miniaturki. 

Edytowane przez kubaman
  • Haha 1

6 minut temu, kubaman napisał:

Zadałem to pytanie wczoraj Salvatore, i spytałem czy nie uważa że kciuk na miniaturce niszczy ten portal dając masową widoczność zdjęciom przypadkowym. Generalnie widać, że najważniejsza dla niego jest popularność serwisu, a nie jego jakość. W końcu uciął, że nic nie zmieni bo ludzie lubią lajkować miniaturki. 

Niszczy portal?
Powiedz mi tylko jedno: Czy ten Salvatore zarabia na tym czy nie?
Bardzo łatwo mi jest postawić się w jego sytuacji - jeśli zarabia na tym, to strzał w dziesiątkę. Jeden mały kciuczek a pieniążki od razu przyspieszają. Każdy by to zrobił na jego miejscu.

Proponuję przeczytać poniższe. Jest to zgodne w 100% z moim poglądem na ocenę astrofotografii i warunków w jakich należy je oceniać. Publikuję za zgodą Salvatore Iovene

The guide that is present in Jarrett's link is excellent guide for folks that are starting their journey as new submitters or reviewers. One thing that does not get mentioned often enough is the need to use a very well calibrated monitor and the need to view an image on an actual computer screen (and not on a cell phone or some other mobile device). Quite honestly, with the cameras that we have these days, judging an image on a small screen or even an uncalibrated monitor does not do any justice to the amount of resolution or details that may be present in an image.

I will also reiterate a lot of what has been mentioned in the original article, I believe it requires hashing out again -

For me, this is what I am looking at (the order matters)
1) Technical aspects of the image - these include:

• star shape from the center to the edges (including any artifacts that remain from deconvolution, de-ringing, etc.)
  • calibration artifacts (no dust motes, vignetting, etc.),
  • color calibration (do the stars exhibit appropriate color, are not over-saturated, does the core of a galaxy look well color balanced after the addition of Ha data, is there chromatic aberration present in the stars, if an image is NB image, was there an attempt made to correct star color by adding RGB stars or even using a decent palette to ensure star colors are not magenta, etc.)
  • Noise reduction (noise reduction cuts both ways, too much and the image will suffer as it will with too little NR)
  • Gradient removal
  • Sharpening, HDR - overtly sharpened or overt application of HDR is detrimental to the overall quality of the image. Moderation is good.

2) Composition & Framing - These include the following considerations (not limited to, of course):

• Is the target a rarely imaged target?
  • The composition should be appealing - I am not looking for correctly rotated target, but something that may appear pleasing without turning my neck around in a particular direction - while most images don't have this issue, there are some, especially those that are mosaics where composition may matter.
  • Framing - does the image include additional areas that may give more meaning or context to the image. This also includes cropping the image - appropriate cropping can make a huge difference to an image, especially for those folks that are imaging with large sensor but low pixel scale cameras.
  • Mosaics - you could argue that some of this is "technical", but I am putting it here - but when folks do mosaics, there are seams that are visible - I would like to see mosaics done without those seams, that means that they should have taken care of it while setting up their imaging run (overlap by "x" %, etc.)

3) Aesthetics and Artistic Liberty: Quite simply, this is how pleasing an image looks when I view it (after it has gone through the technical and composition/framing test) - I try and not judge by the initial look. I will look at an image multiple times to ensure I like it, but only after it is technically sound. With regards to artistic liberty - I don't believe we are creating scientific material, so some liberties are allowed - for example, star spikes - I don't mind if folks add star spikes artificially to an image, or they make certain stars look a bit more saturated just to get the "ooh" factor.

4) Exceptions - like with everything else, there will be exceptions to the above rules for me - for example: there are times when I am a bit more lenient because of the image scale that may have been involved - this is my way of encouraging folks to move ahead - a lot of advice provided on other forums is - "image with a small refractor" - if everyone does that, then we are never going to see beginners use long FL scopes - so, some leeway (not a lot, because you still need to improve) is allowed.

5) Exclusions: I am sure I am not including everything, but what I am excluding is also important - notice, I am not looking at what scope, camera, etc. was used. I am also not looking at how the data was captured (meaning, fully owned equipment or purchased it from one of the data sharing teams). I also don't worry about if the data was obtained from a remote observatory or from the backyard - these are not important considerations (and, honestly, introduce a ton of bias). The way the IOTD competition stands right now, there is no room for such biases. It may change in the future, but we will let Salvatore be the judge of that.

Dziękuję Maciej ale wszystko to co opisałeś można zsumować do podoba się lub się nie podoba i nigdy nie wątpiłem że na zasadzie "podoba mi się" cały ten system jest oparty.

Czego nie rozumiem to tego że zdjęcie przechodzi podobając się 50 osobom a ja nie widzę nic co by miało się w nim komuś podobać - wygląda na to że jestem jakiś pokrzywiony.

Próbuje to sobie wytłumaczyć poznając techniczny przebieg wyboru ale to jest tajne.

Każdy widzi bo przecież można sobie poszukać w nowych. Ale fotki które są oceniane nie są podpisane nazwiskiem albo nickiem autora. Submittersi dostają fotki przypadkowe do swoich kolejek, nie wybierają ze wszystkich.