Total System Noise (Single shot "noise") = 7.19e-

• Lubię 3

Masakra,

Ciekawe komu wierzyć:

Read out noise: 3.7 e¯

Dynamic range: 1:4730

Gain: 0.267 e¯/ADU

http://www.dangl.at/ausruest/atik_314/atik_314_e.htm

Le gain mesuré est de : 0.27 electrons/ADU.

Le bruit sur une image complete est de : 5.0 electrons.

http://xmcvs.free.fr/tests/atik314l.htm

A to w brew pozorom nie jest dzielenie włosa na czworo, bo dla fotometrii gain 2.4 a 2.7 to jest jednak coś co trzeba brac pod uwage licząc.

Pozdrawiam.

Heh, walnąłem babola, a nikt nie krzyczy. Chodzi o 3 setne, a nie 3 dziesiąte. Co nie zmienia faktu, że na końcu otrzymujemy 10% różnicy przy niewielkim gainie 314tki.

Riklaunim, właśnie co do takiego "przelatywania" skryptem mam obawy. Francuz z ostatniego linka który podałem wyżej nie robił testu pod kątem wykorzystywania tej kamery do astrofoto. Co ciekawe wyszło mu 0.259 czyli bliżej do specyfikacji producenta (0.267) niż cytowane 0.24. I teraz proste pytanie, czy kwestia jest "kto tu wie co robi" czy może jednak "kto ma mniej zabugowany skrypt" ;)

Różnica w gainie na 10% to w brew pozorom sporo. Pamiętajcie, że zawodowcy dysponują sensorami z głęboką studnią, Atik 314 w porównaniu z profesjonalnymi CCD, czy z dedykowanymi do astrofotograficznych zadań sensorami FLI czy SBIGA, jest płytki jak tależ barszczu. Trzeba sie pilnować, bo sie szybko okazuje, że między SN, a saturacją cienko z miejscem na ruch i już mamy odpowiedź dlaczego jeden egzotranzyt o głębokosci 5 milimag widać pieknie na wykresie, a drugi o głębokości 7 milimag ledwo ledwo mimo, ze powinno być niby lepiej. Warunki atmosferyczne to jedno, a głupi bład przy ustalaniu granicy załamywania się liniowosci, a co za tym idzie czasu naswietlania klatek tak, by nie wylecieć z ADU poza granice niepewności to prosta droga do problemów :)

Troche chyba przynudzam... Sorry za off-top.

Pozdrawiam.

Edytowane przez Hans

• 2 tygodnie później...

Hans: did you ever tested one single CCD camera for all the parameters that anyone can measure on its own? Like linearity and therefore gain of the camera, readout noise, single shot readout noise, dark current, dark current temperature stability, RBI effects, ... whatever, FFT comparison... I am afraid that you haven't and that you have no idea about statistics (yes that's the "discipline" counting with wrong numbers :) having weird results :) ) and how big differences you can measure if you make just one single step a different way. That's the reason I created a uniform way how to compare between cameras. You have to deal with every single camera the same way in order to be able to tell anything.

Even though I suppose you are smart and knowledgeable about CCD cameras, I'd recommend to everyone to read these articles:

Signal to Noise: Understanding it, Measuring it, and Improving it Part 1

http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/articles/assets/SNR%20Part%201.pdf

Signal to Noise Part 2: Understanding One Pixel

http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/articles/assets/CCD%20SNR%202.pdf

Signal to Noise Part 3: Measuring Your Camera

http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/articles/assets/CCD_SNR3.pdf

ad 10% difference in gain. Does it matter for you? If so, measure linearity and gain of your camera the most correct way possible (see SNR3.pdf above). For my testing purposes I count with correct data from many cameras and am able to compare them because of uniform way of testing. I decided to go the easy route (quick and dirty in gain calculations) because the difference I get is like 0.01 (i.e. 1 percentage). This is more than sufficient.

I'd stop here as there's nothing I have to (and want to) "DEFEND". Who wants to know - learns and who wants to "stay blind" doesn't care. The choice is up to everyone.

thank you

Pavel

• Lubię 2

Witam wszystkich,

Chciałbym przeprosić, że nie piszę po polsku chociaż jestem z Czech. Mam mierzona wielu kamer w naszym kraju, ale chciałbym, aby uzyskać więcej próbek z polskich astronomów.

Whoever wants to know his camera's readout noise (it's very important parameter for narrow band imaging only) and see the comparation with others (I post an article on the testing once I get more samples) it's welcomed to take part in my research.

What I need is 10 bias frames and 5 flat field frames and that you put the data somewehere on the web for download (provide a link please). More information about taking frames here:

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/ccd/Number/4364541/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

dziękuję!

Pavel

edit: one more note - please submit data only from cameras you have under warranty. Sometimes I discover a faulty (too noisy) camera and that's something nobody wants to know.

I care about all kind of CCD cameras (though monochromatic), mainly KAI-11002ME based, KAF-3200, KAF-16803, anything we amateurs use in our cameras...

Edytowane przez Konihlav

• 1 rok później...

Hello Polish guys, so far only Piotr Maliński was the one and only who helped in my research. Unfortunately there are still not many samples from various cameras in order to judge what's good and what's piece of crap.

Anyway, here are my current results (need more!!!):

http://blog.astrofotky.cz/pavelpech/?page_id=782

• Lubię 1

every data from a camera that is today on the market (and other people could consider it to buy) are more than welcome. We should be helping each other :) if you do not have set-point cooling it's still OK to capture the data when you turn the TEC on and let it coold down for some time prior taking biases and flats...

PiotrM: thanks for your data. Your Atik 314L+ has the same readout noise 3.74e- as mine! I sent complete log by PM.

ad Titan - both cold and hot files are very similar and so are the results around 6.26e-. Sent log by PM for your convenience. All data are consistent = perfect, OK, cameras work very well.

thanks! Pavel

anyone else with a mono CCD want's to know the exact readout noise of your camera?