Skocz do zawartości

Astronomia @ Coursera

pilarek

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Witam witam,

w ramach pierwszego postu przesyłam linki kursów firmowanych przez najlepsze uniwersytety z USA.

Wstęp do astronomii (akurat coś dla mnie :icon_rabbit: ). Akurat niedługo startuje i w razie niepogody, można przestać uganiać się za czystym niebem.

https://www.coursera.org/course/introastro

Drugi kurs, który może Was zaciekawić wystartuje za około 2 miesiące, czyli zaraz po "Wstępie..."

https://www.coursera.org/course/cosmo

A poza tym, dla każdego coś miłego...

No i witam na forum :) Enjoy!

mp

• Lubię 4

Akurat niedługo startuje i w razie niepogody, można przestać uganiać się za czystym niebem.

Z tymi kursami jest ten problem że to normalne zajęcia uniwersyteckie, tylko że zamiast chodzić na wykłady ogląda się przez "internety". Więc jeżeli pisze że tygodniowo "workload" jest 6-8 godzin to znaczy że trzeba te bite 8 godzin albo i więcej (ze względu na angielski) przesiedzieć nad książkami i nad "quizem". A jak się parę zajęć oleje, lub nie wyrobi czasowo to ... się wylatuje :D Co prawda jedne co ryzykujemy to brak ładnego certyfikatu do powieszenia sobie na ścianie ;)

P.S. Chociaż zawsze można się zapisać i chwalić że wyleciało się z Duke University :D

Próbujcie, to jest przyszłość.

Dla tych, którzy nie mogą studiować w ten sposób, bo czas zajmuje im coś innego, polecam KhanAcademy, filmy Cosmology and Astronomy, całkiem sporo z nich ma polskie napisy. Aby zobaczyć napisy, trzeba kliknąć na "Options" a potem zaznaczyć "Translated subtitles". Warto też powalczyć, przełamać się i słuchać filmów po angielsku.

Wow! Super. Muszę spróbować tego kursu podstawowego...

Ten drugi jest już bardziej wymagający pod względem czasu, bo są dyskusje na żywo - o tyle dobrze, że jest 8 h różnicy, więc to wypada pewnie wieczorem. Nic też nie piszą o certyfikacie, a fajnie byłoby dostać dyplom z Caltech'u :D

• 3 tygodnie później...

Zapisał się...

Kilka dni temu dostałem jeszcze następujące info:

Hello, and welcome to Introduction to Astronomy. Our class starts in only one more week, and we are all excited here at Duke. As we count down the days to our launch, I wanted to thank you for undertaking this journey with me and share a few things.

This class is intended for students with little or no prior knowledge of astronomy, and we assume only a familiarity with high school level algebra. If you are not comfortable with algebra or it has been a while since you last did any math, you may want to consult one of the math reviews listed below. We will try to introduce all of the physics concepts we use but these introductions will be brief. Some sources for a review of physics topics are listed separately. In general, the more you know the more you will get out of this class, but if you are able to put some work in you should be able to follow the lectures, and do the homework, without much prior experience.

We will not be following a particular textbook, nor will we produce detailed notes for the class. The PowerPoint slides are written to serve as skeleton notes - equations written by hand into the slide on the video will be reproduced in the next slide so you have a record, for example - and we encourage you to produce your own more expansive notes. There are many standard textbooks in many languages that cover roughly the same material we will cover, and you are encouraged to read any of these along with our class. The online Wikibook General Astronomy covers much of the material we cover although the treatment of gravitation, for example, is not as rigorous as what we will do.

In the early weeks of our class we will make heavy use of a simulation tool called “Starry Night.” You can purchase a version of this software that turns your computer into a planetarium at starrynight.com or you can find a similar, free simulation tool at stellarium.org. These simulations are fun and can help you understand the motions of the sky as well as identify what you see in the sky.

There will be weekly homework sets, designed to help you deepen your understanding of the concepts we are covering. Your grades on these will be the basis for the final course grade; there will not be any exams in this class. Even if you are not interested in a grade, we encourage you to work on the problems. At least half the fun of science is doing it, and this is your opportunity. Collaborating with others on these problems is encouraged: that is how science is done. The weekly forums provide a way to do this. If you simply copy down answers from the forums, however, you will not achieve the kind of understanding that comes from thinking through a problem on your own before and after discussing it with others.

The forums are your way to communicate with other students about the class. Having thousands of colleagues worldwide is one of the exciting aspects of taking this new kind of online class. They are also your way to communicate with course staff. Please do not try to contact us directly. Although the opportunity to hear from over 48,000 of you the world over is one of the exciting part of the class for us, the sheer number makes direct communication impractical.

We would like to know some things about our students, so we can better adapt this class, as well as further offerings, to the audience we attract. To this end we ask that you fill out the survey at https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eRJeXDURv5as26F. This is not required, should not take more than 5 minutes, and the information you provide will be used only in aggregate ways that do not identify you personally. In particular, your answers will have no bearing on this or any other Coursera class you might take.

Thanks again, and I really hope you enjoy this class!

ronen

Some Algebra Reviews:

http://www.maths.lse.ac.uk/Refreshers/algebra_refresher.pdf

http://go.hrw.com/resources/go_mt/alg1/alg1refresher.pdf

or, for an astronomy-motivated approach, try Chapter 1 of

http://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov/algebra2.html

or

http://physics.bgsu.edu/~tiede/class/bmastronomy1.2.pdf

A listing of some relevant Physics formulas is at

http://astronomyonline.org/Science/Physics.asp?Cate=Science&SubCate=MP04

Około 2,5h wykładów było, następujące tematy:

• Lecture 1: Positional Astronomy Introduction
  • Lecture 2: The Celestial Sphere
  • Lecture 3: The Local View
  • Lecture 4: Where is the Sun?
  • Lecture 5: Tilt and the Seasons
  • Lecture 6: The Moon Moves Too

2 części pracy domowej, trochę trygonometrii, obliczanie średnicy słońca, tłumaczenie systemu RA/dec na Az/Al i odwrotnie, czas gwiazdowy i rzeczywisty i kilka pytań typu: "co by było gdyby".

Nie będzie egzaminu! Trzeba po prostu osiągąć 70% punktów z cotygodniowych prac domowych.

A jakie u Was wrażenia po pierwszym tygodniu?

PS. Jak ktoś się boi angielskiego, to każdy wykład ma skrypt, który można wrzucić do translatora i podpiąć jako napisy do video (bo wyklady również można ściągnąć w formie mp4).

Też się zapisałem na ten kurs, a także na kilka innych. Wszystkie są prowadzone w bardzo profesjonalny sposób. Co więcej, jeśli ktoś nie chce odrabiać prac domowych, to nie musi tego robić. Można się skupić tylko na oglądaniu wykładów. Na koniec po prostu nie dostaje się zaliczenia kursu (i czasem certyfikatu), ale z niczego się nie wylatuje. No i, co ważne, całość jest bezpłatna. :)

A jakie u Was wrażenia po pierwszym tygodniu?

Wykładów nie zdążyłem jeszcze wszystkich przesłuchać, ale prowadzone są w bardzo przyjemny sposób. Quizy już rozwiązałem i na razie jestem raczej pozytywnie z nich zaskoczony. Spodziewałem się bardzo łatwych, tablicowych pytań, ale na szczęście niektóre są całkiem ciekawe i zmuszają do chwilki zastanowienia, choć czasem są nie do końca precyzyjnie sformułowane.

Troszku odświeżę i zapodam przykład zadania:

"A possible trajectory for sending a spacecraft to Mars is an elliptical orbit with Earth at its perihelion and Mars at its aphelion. The craft would be launched out of low-Earth orbit by a quick burst of rockets into solar orbit, and would then “coast” until rockets fire again to slow it down into Mars orbit. Neglecting the acceleration and deceleration phases, how long would it take to get from low-Earth orbit to Mars along this “minimal-energy” trajectory? Assume circular orbits for Earth and Mars with radii 1AU and 1.52 AU respectively. Express your answer in years and round to two significant digits. You may find it useful to sketch the trajectory with the orbits of Earth and Mars."

Enjoy!

Marcin